El Dive is a dive center created in December 2013 by the instructor Yoshi Ohtsuka who has stayed in El Nido since 2008. He is from Japan, where scuba diving is really famous there. So he got a large experience in the industry since 1995.
The professionalism and the interactivity of the service, the quality of the equipment, and the passion of the team make our small dive center one the most reputable and enjoyable in the Philippines, and in Palawan island for instance. El Dive is precisely famous for bringing you to the most beautiful places, for providing relaxed and long fun dives in Bacuit Bay, and for sharing knowledge about marine species. EL Dive uses 2 traditional boats daily.
If you are looking for a way to get to El Nido, we wrote a detailed guide so you can choose one of the transportation available.
A professional scuba service in El Nido
A personal and dedicated attention
- Our boat crew provides personal attention. Often behind the scene, our staff helps you from the beginning until the end of your stay. During your dives they cook tasty and personalized lunch/dinner made from fresh local ingredients they selected from the El Nido’s market in the morning.
- Our experienced Divemasters and Instructors provide detailed briefings, safe equipment, interactive dives, debriefings with session profiles and fish books. They organise the day depending on the weather conditions and the requests. They take care of small groups: 2 people max if they are not certified, 4 certified Open Water divers, and 6 experienced divers max in peak season. As this common hobby is also about getting more education, you and your divemaster/instructor can share during the day about environmental knowledge, marine life preservation, and human-being behaviours.
El Dive's style: Long and interactive dives, long lunch break, long trips, marine life knowledge, education
- Our PADI Instructors provide all types of courses, for beginners and experienced divers. They adapt to anyone taking limited number of students at a time. With their experience, and by sharing their passion, they make you relaxed, so you can become amazing scuba divers, get good knowledge, and be aware of the aquatic environment.
Take some memories and souvenirs back home!
- Closer to the beach, El Dive has another branch dedicated to briefings and debriefings.
- It also serves as a souvenir boutique:
- Bags and wallets which are Eco-friendly manufactured, and produced by the Palawan population
- Diving accessories: Good brands and solid materials (reels, pointers, octopus holders, mask straps, masks, fins, waterproof fish ID book, etc.).
- GoPro rental
Because scuba diving is about having a good time underwater and getting some knowledge about aquatic life, El Dive focuses as well on helping local biologist professors. Keeping in mind Jacques-Yves Cousteau's philosophy, our dive shop's purpose is to keep a link between the industry and the marine biology education. El Dive is the one scuba school in El Nido with passionate and experienced specialists, and you can get a good part of their underwater life knowledge.
In 2015, El Dive has got the privilege to become a member of Green Fins, a environmental foundation created by the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP). Its main purpose is to preserve reefs, and to encourage people to take care of their environment.
El Dive is committed to the local environmental care. Green Nido is an ecologist organization made from local professionals in El Nido. And our scuba center is very proud to go Green being its partner by participating to monthly events, like beach clean-up involving citizens of El Nido, and underwater clean-up involving scuba divers.
If you have any request, please let us know. We will answer you within the 48 hours.